Saturday, October 13, 2012

I TOOK A BOARD EXAM (SEPTEMBER 2012 LICENSURE EXAMINATION FOR TEACHERS)



Let me just describe the day I consider as a significant one to remember (Sept. 30, 2012), where armed with guts, hope, faith and a prayer, I took the Licensure Examinations for Teachers (LET) at UM Bolton, Davao.

It was a sunny day, just a normal Sunday morning for everyone. I woke up really early and fixed myself for what could be the make or break diurnal of every aspiring teacher to be, like me. I was bursting with self-confidence that day. God heard my prayer for I was more enthused than usual. My mind was relaxed. I wasn’t even that keyed-up about the exam and my anxiety level inexplicably died out.

One of the review masters on a certain review center I attended told us the exact thing about the upcoming LET. He stressed that we should ‘EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED’---- like the whole shebang under the sun might just be a possible item for the LET (AND YES, HE WAS RIGHT ON THIS!).

And so without a fuss, I read and answered the questions cautiously. I dug-out some old relics of knowledge I have from my nutshell just so I could answer some out-of-nowhere questions in General Education. I was just amazed on how they structured, chosen and included those questions that some of it (at least 50% of them) were NEW to me, like you’ll be stupefied for a moment every time you read some of those unfamiliar questions. I thought I’ve prepared well, read enough notes and answered enough possible items that would come out. To my disbelief, I even have some overlooked topics which I thought was insignificant and yet unfortunately some of them came out. (T.T)

After all, I was confident when I took the exam for I believed I wasn’t alone that moment. I was accompanied and guided by my Lord Jesus in answering all of the items. I claimed it to the Lord and I believed. I was repeating the same line on my mind while answering, “, I CAN DO IT, I CAN PASS THE LET!’ just to uplift my spirit.

Few items in English, Filipino and Social Sciences were literally ‘ALIEN ITEMS’ to me. Although much of it were just the basics, but still if you haven’t encountered some of those you’ll end up guessing. Some questions/ items which I goggled right away for answers that were retained on my head and which also puzzled me a lot were: (1) who wrote ‘Little Women’ (which I guessed right – t’was by Louisa May Alcott); (2) the great orator (Lopez-Jaena); (3) a German term for ___ (t’was actually MACHEN --- thanks to my recent acquaintance with a Nazi documentary for a petty knowledge about the German language, again I guessed this item right (^o^)v ); (4) who created the Bonifacio monument (t’was Guillermo Tolentino); (5) created an economic plan for the Philippines (t’was Jose Basco --- thanks to Mr. M for this). Basic knowledge on sentence structure and grammar and a handful about English and Filipino literature were evident.

For Mathematics, the basic knowledge on fundamental operations, percentage, ratio & proportion and algebra I had back then was extremely beneficial. I was expecting some nerve-wracking questions/problems that could break any momentum, but it was way far than what I’ve expected (thank God!). I thank Mr. B a lot for sharing his useful knowledge and tips in answering different kinds of mathematical problems. I SUPPOSED I ANSWERED ALMOST ALL OF THE MATHEMATICS ITEMS CORRECTLY AND TO THE BEST KNOWLEDGE I HAVE (except for just two items TT_TT).

There were only few items in Science and Health. I fathom there were only less than 20 items. Again I am extremely grateful to Mr. B for having provided us enough possible items for Science and Health, and so I was confident I hit some of the right answers for those items (*crossed-fingers).

As for the Professional Education, I was just surprised there were a lot of items for SPED. I thought we (CONTENT COURSE MAJOR) have a different set apart from SPED MAJORS, like we will have the NCBTS. Well I guess we both got the same.

To sum it all, the experience brought by taking the Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET) on me was unexplainable. It created an impact not only on my physical and mental being, but most significantly, to my spiritual life. I was driven towards my Creator. It made me reflect, ask for forgiveness and renew my ties with Father God.

I FEEL ECSTATIC, FRENZIED, EUPHORIC WHATEVER YOU CALL IT AT THE SAME TIME STRAINED AND EXCITED AS I WAIT FOR THE RESULTS (actually ATM, as I write this so-called sentiments). FOR WHATEVER MAY HAPPEN, MY MIND IS OPEN FOR POSSIBILITIES. I BELIEVE IN MY HEART THAT I WILL PASS, BUT I DON'T WANNA BE PRESUMPTUOUS.

Religion is not magic if you played your part well. I believe in the power of faith and prayer. I did my part. I did my best. Now I rest everything to GOD. ^_^


Jessica Jung, SNSD GIF Pictures, Images and Photos
 

It's a Quirkyalone World Afterall Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos